A live debate in London last night bought together a panel of experts to debate what the 'climategate' affair did – and did not – reveal about the study of global warming.
The panel included:
• Professor Trevor Davies, pro-vice-chancellor (research), University of East Anglia, and former director of the Climatic Research Unit.
• Professor Bob Watson, chief scientific advisor, Defra, visiting professor at the University of East Anglia and former head of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change;
• Fred Pearce, environment journalist and author of The Climate Files: The Battle for the Truth about Global Warming;
• Steve McIntyre, editor of climateaudit.org
• Doug Keenan, blogger and independent researcher.
The chair was George Monbiot, Guardian comment writer.
• Some parts of the debate have been edited out for legal reasons.